PhD workshop, University of Melbourne. October 4th 2012.. 12:00-15:00. ‘Safeguarding the PhD as a research degree while ensuring employability of PhD graduates‘.
This workshop drew together Heads of graduate programmes at Melbourne University where in particular the question of the employability of PhD graduates was discussed.
- Dr Leigh Farrell (Vice President Business Development, Biota Holdings Limited)
- Prof Michael Mulvany. Vice-president ORPHEUS (Organisation of PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System) Aarhus University, Denmark
- Prof Dick Strugnell. PVC Graduate Research, University of Melbourne. “Best Practice Framework for Research Training in Australia”
- Prof Gillian Wigglesworth, Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Arts. “Quality and Employability of the PhD, a HASS perspective”
- Prof Ian van Driel, Associate Dean, Melbourne School of Graduate Research, Associate Dean Research Training, MDHS. “Graduate Destinations”