Agenda Proposal for the ORPHEUS Executive Committee meeting,
April 19th, 2012, 10.00-14.00.
Meeting Room Radisson Blue hotel, Bergen
ORPHEUS EC members (and co-opted members) expected to be present: Zdravko Lackovic, Michael Mulvany, Seppo Meri, Andrea Olschewski, Gul Guner-Akdogan, Konstantin Gurevich, Jadwiga Mirecka, Petr Hach, Miroslav Cervinka, Andre Nieoullon, Roland Jonsson, Debora Grosskopf-Kroiher, Luis Martinez Milan
Excused: Chris Van Schravendijk
Information to auditors: Guenther Gell, Osman Sinanovic
Chair: Prof. Zdravko Lacković
Secretary, Prof. Seppo Meri
Recording Secretary: Debora Grosskopf-Kroiher
1. Proposal of agenda
2. Up to date briffing on preparation of Bergen Conference, Conference Chair Roland Jonsson reporting
3. Annual report of the ORPHEUS activities between two general Assemblies, by ORPHEUS President, Zdravko Lacković
4. Annual financial report and other financial issues, by ORPHEUS Treasurer, Prof. Andrea Olschewski
5. Proposed agenda for future ORPHEUS activities, including further promotion ORPEHEUS of ORPHEUS- AMSE-WFME by ORPEHUS Vice President Micheal Mulvany and ORPHEUS President, Zdravko Lacković, and others
6. Preparation for 8th ORPHEUS 2013 Conference to be held in Prague, presented by Prof. Petr Hach
7. Proposal for 2012 ORPEHUS EC meeting to be held in Marseille, Andre Nieoullon reporting
8. Proposal to held 2014 ORPEHUS conferences in Lausanne, Swiss (Laura De Santis, Lausanne presenting)
9. Legal status of ORPEHUS (outcome of registration renewal), mandate of legal representatives and EC membership
10. Presentation of the changes in ORPHEUS Statute (outcome of registration renewal) and a need for additional amendments, by ORPHEUS General Secretary, Seppo Meri
11. Proposal for new Executive Committee regular and coopted members ORPHEUS President Zdravko Lacković reporting
12. Agenda for General Assembly
13. Any other business
Annual report of the ORPHEUS activities between two general Assemblies
Sixth ORPHEUS 2011 Conference
Sixth ORPHEUS 2011 Conference was held in Izmir with the main topic "PhD Quality Indicators for Biomedicine and Health Sciences". For the first time we have groups in nursing and physical therapy. Very successful conference. Almost 300 participants. Consensus document"PhD Quality Indicators for Biomedicine and Health Sciences" was discussed months after Conference.
At EUA-CDE, Madrid. 8-11 June8-11, 2011, Michel Mulvany presented ORPHEUS standards in plenary session.
- At AMSE Conference, Berlin16-18 June.2011, Zdravko Lackovic and Michael Mulvany were present. M. Mulvany presented ORPHEUS standards in plenary session.
- At FEBS meeting , Torino 26-27 June, 2011, Gul Guner and Michel Mulvany were present. M. Mulvany presented European PhD training on behalf of chairman of EUA-CDE.
- At AMEE, Vienna, 28-31 August workshop on PhD standards was organized. Panellists Jadwiga Mirecka, Chris van Schravendijk, Michel Mulvany and Zdravko Lackovic
- European Commission colloquium, Brussels22 September M. Mulvany represented ORPHEUS in discussion of PhD standards.
- EMTRAIN meeting, Helsinki17-18 October 2011. Presentation of ORPHEUS standards in plenary session by M. Mulvane, Actively present Z. Lackovic and Andre Nieoullon.
- ORPHEUS Spain Workshop " IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF PHD STUDIES IN BIOMEDICINE
- THROUG INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION" was held at University of the Basque Country, Faculty of Medicine, Leioa, Spain, on November 28. Organisation Lusi Martinez Millan. Participants: Jadwiga Mirecka and Zdravko Lackovic
- EUA-CDE, Dublin11-13 January . M. Mulvany participated on behalf of ORPHEUS.
- DAAD project supported international workshop on PhD program was held in Wurzburg, January 19-22, 2012. Participants from Germany, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina (all medical schools) and Macedonia. Organized by Jürgen Deckert and Zdravko Lackovic. Presenter Z. Lackovic.
- EMTRAIN Workshop for PhD students was held in Manchester February23-27, 2012 . Presentation of ORPHEUS/AMSE/WFME standards in plenary sessions was done by M Mulvany
Renewal of ORPHEUS registration
ORPHEUS President Zdravko Lackovic started legally necessary procedure for renewal of ORPHEUS registration. Negotiation with government authorities was done by Z. Lackovic in the presence of two witnesses. January 26, 2012 decision of Zagreb City Office for General Administration was finished. Legal representatives of ORPHEUS are Zdravko Lackovic, Michel Jon Mulvany, Sepo Kalevi Meri and Andrea Judith Olschewski. Document was delivered to Z. Lackovic in the presence of two witnesses. All documents were translated from English to Croatian and back from Croatian to English.
Legalisation of Treasurer
After 4 meetings in Graz and Zagreb between Andrea Olschewski and Z. Lackovic and after obtaining "citizen identification number (OIB)" for Andrea Olschewski she become legal representative at Reiffeisen Bank, Zagreb d.o.o.
Publications about ORPHEUS
Mulvany MJ. Goulding N. Safeguarding the PhD. Pharmacol Matters 2011; 4: 7-8
К.Г. Гуревич1, Лацкович, Н.Д. Ющук: ЕВРОПЕЙСКОЕ ОБЩЕСТВО КАНДИДАТСКИХ ИССЛЕДОВАНИЙ В ОБЛАСТИ БИОМЕДИЦИНЫ И ЗДРАВООХРАНЕНИЯ. Вестник ТвГУ. Серия "Педагогика и психология". 2011. Выпуск 4. С. 74-78
Miroslav Cervinka. A good tradition. Pan European Networks Science and Technology: Printed version is in issue 02, March 2012.
Mulvany MJ. Lackovic Z. The modren PhD. Pharmacol Matters 2012; in press