Dr. Vincenzo Costigliola
President of EMA – EUROPEAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Dr. Costigliola graduated in Medicine from the University of Naples in 1972 and in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care from the University of Pisa in 1978.
He also attended post-graduate studies in Rheumatology, Dermatology, Proctology, Oncology, Surgery, Drugs Abuse, Emergency Treatment, Disaster Action, Hospital Organization, Medical Teaching Methodology and Computer and Audio-Visual Training for the Medical Profession.
His professional experience ranges from senior military positions as Chief of Medical Services in the Italian Navy for a number of years, responsibility of the outpatients clinic of the Shape Hospital in Belgium and family practice in Italy and Belgium.
* Family Practice, c/o Centre Medicis – Brussels,
* Medical Advisor:
W.E.U. (Western European Union),
Italian embassy, consulate and representative to EU
Membership of professional bodies
* President of E.M.A. (European Medical Association)
* President of E.D.A. (European Depression Association)
* Member of Editorial Advisory Board of "Psychiatry in primary care journal"
* Extensive experience in informatics' health programmes
* Teaching experiences
* Nationals and internationals conferences as a speaker
* Publishing experiences
* Member of the Steering Committee Health First Europe.
Stakeholder Nutrition & Health 2020
Additional Competences and Duties
Dr. Costigliola†is fluent†in Italian, French, English and Spanish
Good experience in clinical trials
Extensive experience in European health care field
Main contractor and participant in many EU projects of Directorate 22 and Directorate 5
Selected as expert-evaluator in the 5th Framework programme
He become ORPHEUS Executive Committee member†† February 9, 2007.†