August 25th-29th 2012, AMEE, Lyon, France. Workshop: “Towards Global Standards for PhD Programmes in Medical Education”.
10:30-12:15 This workshop discussed the possibility of developing international standards for PhD education, with inputs from Australia, Canada, India and USA together with discussion of the situation in Europe.
Chairmen: Jadwiga Mirecka, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland; Michael Mulvany, University of Aarhus, Denmark
- Zdravko Lackovic, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, President ORPHEUS. Globalization of PhD standards. (15 min)
- Michael Mulvany, University of Aarhus. Vice-president ORPHEUS. The ORPHEUS/AMSE/WFME standards (15 min)
- Joey Barnett, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Education secretary ASPET. PhD programmes in the USA. Recorded video link. (10 min)
- Arunabha Ray, University of Delhi. PhD programmes in India. Recorded video link. (10 min)
- Ian Van Driel, University of Melbourne, PhD programmes in Australia. Slides presented by Michael Mulvany. (10 min)
- Susan Porter, University of British Columbia. PhD programmes in Canada. Recorded video link. (10 min)
- Discussion. On-line Video link with Joey Barnett, Arunabha Ray, Susan Porter.(30 min)
- Stefan Lindgren, University of Lund, President WFME. Closing remarks. (5 min)